Careers at Boot Campaign • Georgetown, TX
Part-Time Director of Programs Application
The Boot Campaign is seeking a part-time Director of Programs. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating Boot Campaign supporting mission programs. Additionally, this position is responsible for writing grants, securing funding and identifying foundation funding opportunities as well as submitting timely and accurate reports for grant-funded projects and programs.
Specific Duties Include:
- Become an expert on all areas of support that the BC offers.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and report on program activities in order to achieve annual and long-term targets and milestones.
- Serve as the director of grants awarded.
- Ensure implementation of the internal BC Programs under development on a timely basis (per annual timeline).
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to identify, recruit and manage volunteers to deliver programs, to engage in advocacy, to participate in special events, to share their stories and to serve as media spokespeople on behalf of programs.
- Represent the agency on external programs-related groups (formerly known as charity partners).
- Manage charity partners and facilitate their potential growth on behalf of our areas of service.
- Research and secure funding from government, community, foundation and corporate sources to support the programs and activities
- Implement the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals submitted to government, community, foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with finance to monitor programs-related revenue and expenses, and to prepare reports to funders on current programs.
- Support special events by recruiting participants, publicizing the events, identifying funding leads, assisting with proposals, and coordinating the agency’s presence at the events. Act as a liaison between service population and event planners.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including programs grant tracking and reporting as required by the agency and funders.
- Keep up to date and informed on current trends, resources and developments in veterans’ affairs.
- Gain an understanding of institutional history and programs.
As a Graphic Designer with the Boot Campaign you’ll be joining a team dedicated to turning heads with innovative and diverse design projects. In addition to the responsibilities and experience listed below, we are looking for an individual with a heart for the nonprofit world, a sense of humor, and the ability to grow and challenge your own talents.
Specific Duties Include:
- You’ll challenge conventional thought with new design and ideas on how to share the Boot Campaign’s vision of Awareness, Patriotism and Assistance.
- You’ll support the internal and external design needs of the organization.
- Create products that will reach new audiences and inspire grassroots supporters around the country to get involved.
- Create marketing materials and informational materials highlighting our programs and impact through our website, print/ad materials and other media.
- A strong portfolio displaying a variety of print and web graphics.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (InDesign a plus).
- A strong work ethic and keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in iWork or Microsoft office (Google Docs a plus).
- Ability to work under short timelines, while not sacrificing excellence in your work.
- Multitasking & organization skills.
- Great communication skills and willingness to accept constructive criticism.
- Criticism and communication skills.
- An understanding that when working for an event-based nonprofit, there may be times you will have to work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress